Depending on your native screen resolution the game might not be able to start up with the standard configuration. In this case you can create a config file of the game directly.
Create a config file by following the steps below.
- Completely shutdown your game.
- Open Notepad as administrator.
- Do this by searching for Notepad in your Start Menu.
- Right click Notepad and start it as administrator.
- Type following two lines in Notepad:
r_Height = xxxx
r_Width = yyyy
replace ‘xxxx’ and ‘yyyy’ with your own resolution (see example below).
- Select File > Save as and navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Crysis2\ and save the file as game.cfg
Make sure you select “All files (*.*)” as type.
- Close Notepad.
- Start your game.