Depending on your native screen resolution the game might not be able to start up with the standard configuration. In this case you can edit a config file of the game directly.
Edit the config file by following the steps below.
- Completely shutdown your game.
- Open Windows Explorer & browse to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Metro 2033”.
- Open the file “user.cfg”.
- Edit the following values to your local resolution:
replace ‘xxxx’ and ‘yyyy’ with your local resolution (see example below).
- Safe the file.
- Open your game & start gaming.